Sunday, December 8, 2013

Too much coffee

I've never gotten jittery or a buzz or from any kind of tea, though I firmly believe that I function better after some tea.  Not because of the caffeine or Theanine, but because tea makes me happier.  No matter if I'm awfully upset or elated, tea makes everything better.  I love coffee, but I can definitely feel the effects of caffeine after a delicious pour over, or french press.. or two.  Not so much with espresso but that's a topic for another time.  Whenever I have too much coffee and it's late I get this weird feeling where I can feel my body is tired, but my mind is alert and very focused.  I normally love the feeling I get after a few well-made cups, but when I need to sleep it can make doing so very difficult. When that happens I turn to some of the heavily roasted, low grade oolong I have that has very sleepy cha qi or I go for some sleepytime by celestial seasonings.  I normally don't like bagged tea, but I haven't been able to find a good enough loose leaf blend like sleepytime.  Anyway a cup or two of either one of those really helps sooth my mind and calm me down.  Sleepytime can be found in almost any grocery store and is only a few bucks.  

Sleep tight!
Mickey

No comments:

Post a Comment